In the 1860s and 1870s when the river steamboat was the principal mode of travel, Wolf Point was a refueling point as well as an Indian trading post. During the 1870s, winter trappers stacked their wolf hides along the river to wait for spring and for the steamboats to transport their cargo to markets in the east. In 1912, the Fort Peck Indian Reservation was opened to homesteaders and the town of Wolf Point moved from the river bank to the Great Northern Railway (now BNSF Railway), about one mile north. Today, Wolf Point is the site for the Wild Horse Stampede, the largest of Montana's rodeos.
The station is opened by a contract caretaker twice daily. The Wolf Point station is served daily by two trains.
320 Front St.
Wolf Point, MT 59201